Prime Coat provides the following advantages over oil-coated or laquered tube and pipe products...
- PRIME COAT is a pigmented polymer coating, not a paint.
- PRIME COAT will readily accept a wide range of liquid or powder topcoats.
- PRIME COAT eliminates pre-cleaning or degreasing of the tube's surface. The pre-primed tube arrives ready to process.
- PRIME COAT provides a uniform and consistent topcoat due to a smooth primer substrate finish.
- PRIME COAT exhibits excellent fabrication characteristics... normal manufacturing operations will not affect the primer coating.
- PRIME COAT allows for normal welding practices... no additional welding preparations are required.
- PRIME COAT provides comparable corrosion and humidity resistance to oil-coated commercial quality products.
- PRIME COAT (unlike laquer-coated or painted pipe) can be galvanized without going through any special stripping operations.